Washington, DC – February 21, 2012 – The U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) awarded International Business Machines (IBM) a 5 year ITS-BPA contract supporting the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO). The CIO is responsible for providing Information Technology (IT) services to OPM and delivering these services through a number of groups performing a wide range of IT functions. These functions include:
- Application Systems and Database Development and Maintenance – Software development and support services for program offices within OPM. The CIO has recurring needs for support in the areas of requirements definition, analysis, design, development, testing, documentation, implementation; database design, development and maintenance services; and other IT application development related services.
- Data Center Support – IBM Enterprise Systems Software Support services for the CIO that processes retirement and insurance, investigations, and other administrative workloads.
- Capital Planning and Portfolio Management, IT Program Management, IT Security Management, Enterprise Architecture – Support for a variety of IT program areas including Capital Planning and Portfolio Management, IT Program Management, IT Security Management, Enterprise Architecture; FISMA compliance, independent verification and validation; records management; forms management; information collections management; accessibility policy and process management; and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Privacy Act policy and process management.
- Network Operations and Security Services – Support services for the CIO to include Help Desk services, local and wide area network management, network engineering, project management, server management, network security, personal computer hardware and software deployment and maintenance, personal computer troubleshooting and repair, and teleworking support.
- Web Development/Support Services – Agency-wide web support services including Internet and Intranet web development, design, maintenance and operation.
Under subcontract to IBM, DIGITALSPEC is providing technology expertise in a variety of areas critical to the success of the ITS-BPA. Under this Contract, we will support the following Specialized Technical Areas (STAs):
- STA 1: Application Systems and Database Development and Maintenance.
- STA 3: Capital Planning and Portfolio Management, IT Program Management, IT Security Management, Enterprise Architecture.
- STA 4: Network Operations and Security.
About DIGITALSPEC, LLC.
DIGITALSPEC, LLC., headquartered in Fairfax, Virginia, was founded in 2005 with the President’s vision of becoming a leading-edge consulting company. This vision incorporates becoming a trusted partner for our clients to consistently solve complex business problems by focusing on their mission. As a result, we create value and high return on-investment (ROI) for our clients and their shareholders as well as taxpayers and citizens. With years of experience in providing vital IT solutions and services to our clients nationwide, DIGITALSPEC leverages a combined 50 years of Federal business and IT experience to promote a strong commitment to customer service, results and integrity. DIGITALSPEC currently maintains Dun & Bradstreet overall performance rating of 95%+. Since 2009, under Dr. Dadoo’s leadership, DIGITALSPEC, has established numerous teaming and strategic partnerships with leading Federal System Integrators and software vendors namely: IBM, SRA International, CSC, Deloitte, Booz Allen Hamilton, Oracle, etc. In addition, DIGITALSPEC is pursuing the ISO 9001:2000 certification. We are strong believers in continuous process improvement so we can better serve our customers. For more information, contact DIGITALSPEC at 703-626-7445 or at www.digitalspec.net