Office of Personnel Management (OPM) BPA (Teammate of IBM)
The U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) awarded International Business Machines (IBM) (DIGITALSPEC is a Teammate) a 5 year ITS-BPA contract supporting the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO). The CIO is responsible for providing Information Technology (IT) services to OPM and delivering these services through a number of groups performing a wide range of IT functions. These functions include:
- Application Systems and Database Development and Maintenance (STA 1)– Software development and support services for program offices within OPM. The CIO has recurring needs for support in the areas of requirements definition, analysis, design, development, testing, documentation, implementation; database design, development and maintenance services; and other IT application development related services.
- Data Center Support – IBM Enterprise Systems Software Support services for the CIO that processes retirement and insurance, investigations, and other administrative workloads.
- Capital Planning and Portfolio Management, IT Program Management, IT Security Management, Enterprise Architecture (STA 3)– Support for a variety of IT program areas including Capital Planning and Portfolio Management, IT Program Management, IT Security Management, Enterprise Architecture; FISMA compliance, independent verification and validation; records management; forms management; information collections management; accessibility policy and process management; and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Privacy Act policy and process management.
- Network Operations and Security Services (STA 4)– Support services for the CIO to include Help Desk services, local and wide area network management, network engineering, project management, server management, network security, personal computer hardware and software deployment and maintenance, personal computer troubleshooting and repair, and teleworking support.
- Web Development/Support Services – Agency-wide web support services including Internet and Intranet web development, design, maintenance and operation.